EMPLOYMENT AT MFS
Our teachers are highly committed and very experienced, and open to new places as well as new ways of thinking. They love their students, and they work well together. Our small classes provide for a close connection between teachers and their students. Strong relationships with colleagues, as well as friendships and collaboration with students and parents, create a deep sense of community for our faculty.
We look for teachers who are bilingual, meaning that they can speak and read in Spanish and English. While we require that teachers whose native language is English teach in English, Spanish is necessary to communicate with other faculty members, parents and members of the community. Spanish classes require faculty who speak Spanish as their native language.
We give preference to candidates who:
- are bilingual (Spanish and English)
- have experience teaching in the content areas and grade levels that they would be teaching at Monteverde Friends School
- are willing to commit for at least two years
- are Quaker or who strongly support our statement of Vision, Mission, and Philosophy
- have experience or a strong desire to work with a wide range of students
- are willing to work collaboratively with colleagues
- have experience working in a bilingual school setting
- have experience living in a Spanish-speaking country
- have experience living in a rural community in a developing country