PLEASE NOTE: the Monteverde Friends School is completely full for the 2022-23 school year and expects only a few openings in specific grades for next year. Rather than have you fill out a full application to be on the waiting list, please fill out this short form. As we assess in February or March what openings we expect for the next year, we will check these forms for a match with the particular grade that has an opening.
Monteverde Friends School has been serving children of members of the Monteverde Friends Meeting and other local families who value Quaker education for over 70 years. We also appreciate the richness of perspectives international students bring. Students are admitted regardless of race, creed, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.
To make the school accessible for local families, approximately 50% of our students receive significant aid. Once a student has been accepted, applications for financial assistance are reviewed.
1. Download and complete the appropriate application packet:
2. Gather and attach all supporting documents as outlined below for kinder, grades 1-6, or grades 7-12.
3. Submit all parts of the application. Only complete applications will be considered.
4. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and when spaces are available. In general, applications should be submitted by mid-February (for first semester and whole-year applicants) or by mid-October (for second semester applicants).
5. Financial aid applications are usually due by March. (Generally, it should be submitted at the same time as the application, or no later than early April. Financial aid is available only for local applicants.)
6. Selected applicants come in for a school visit (if possible).
7. Once an offer of admissions has been made, please pay within two weeks the registration fee of ¢55,000 per student for local families and $200.00 per student for international families or families resident less than 12 months in the zone.
By the first day of school in August, children must be 3 years old to apply for Pre-K, 4 years old to apply for Kindergarten, 5 years old to apply for Prepa, and 6 years old for 1st grade.
Please make sure your application is complete with:
Please make sure your application is complete with the following documents before you submit it: